Fish is one of nature’s healthiest foods, which is why numerous medical associations, including the American Heart Association, recommend including fish in at least two meals a week to maintain a healthy diet.
There are many benefits of fish for the heart and the whole body in general, but there are some very specific ones that we would like to share with you so that we become aware of the importance of including fish in our regular diet.
1. Omega 3 fatty acids contained in fish help control blood pressure.
2. Reduces inflammation of the heart veins.
3. Decreases the risk of cardiac arrhythmias.
4. Decreases the formation of blood clots.
5. Improves arterial and blood vessel health.
6. Increases the adaptation ability of the heart rate.
7. Lowers the risk of a heart attack.
8. Decreases the probability of sudden death due to heart failure.
9. Lowers triglyceride levels.
10. It is an important source of fatty acids and iodine for the development of the central nervous system.
These are the 10 medical benefits of fish for heart health. As can be seen from this list, there are many benefits to including fish in our daily diet, which is why we should consider eating this type of food regularly. If you enjoy fish or have another fact to add to this list do leave a comment below and tell us all about it.