Ten Reasons You Should You Eat Eggs Every Day

Ten Reasons You Should You Eat Eggs Every Day

If you look around online long enough you will soon find articles telling you that eggs are bad for us. While some of the information they give is partly true the health benefits of eating eggs far outweighs the cons. So today we take a look at ten reasons you should eat eggs almost every day and I guarantee that at least some of them will surprise you…

Amino Acids

The “essential amino acids” found in eggs are a very important substance that cannot be synthesized by the body and must be given to the body. This is especially true when it comes to childhood development as it is important for healthy and balanced growth.


Eggs contain a significant amount of vitamins A, D, E and B group. The vitamin A in the yolk is necessary for eye health, bone and tooth development, and cell development. Egg yolk is one of the foods that can meet the body’s vitamin D needs on its own. We mentioned above that the egg is important in child development and bone disorders that may occur due to vitamin D deficiency can be prevented with eggs.


Eggs, which are also rich in vitamin B2 which we talked about above increase the body’s resistance by converting other nutrients taken into the body into energy.

Ten Reasons You Should You Eat Eggs Every Day


Eggs are also rich in minerals and are a great source of iron and zinc which contributes to the prevention of anaemia and the development of the immune system.

Omega-3 Fatty Acids

Eggs are actually a great source of wonderful omega-3 fatty acids! Omega-3 fatty acids are known for their heart health benefits and may have positive effects on reducing inflammation. Inflammation is the body’s response to pathogens (e.g. bacteria, viruses), allergens, damaged or dead cells and irritants. The blood vessels and immune system respond by sending more chemicals to the site of invasion or damage, causing the inflammation.

LDL Cholesterol

One hard-boiled egg contains 186 milligrams of cholesterol. This amount delivers 62 percent of the recommended daily intake of 300 milligrams, according to the American Heart Association.Despite what you’ve heard, consuming cholesterol in your diet doesn’t necessarily raise cholesterol in your blood. Your liver produces large amounts of this waxy, fat-like substance every day. When you eat more eggs, your liver produces less cholesterol. For 70 percent of people, eggs don’t elevate cholesterol. In the other 30 percent of hyper responders, eggs may raise total and bad low-density lipoprotein(LDL) cholesterol mildly.

Boosted HDL Cholesterol

Eggs raise good high-density lipoprotein (HDL)cholesterol levels, which can lower your risks of heart disease, stroke, and other health problems. Researchers believe that the lecithin in egg yolks helps HDL cholesterol scavenge excess LDL and remove it from your blood.HDHsends LDL to your liver, which breaks it down and eliminates it from your body. A study found that eating three whole eggs a day raised HDL levels by more than 15 percent.

Lower Triglycerides

Studies show that consuming eggs enriched with omega-3, a polyunsaturated fat, is an effective way to reduce triglycerides, a harmful fat in your blood. These benefits come from docosahexaenoic acid

Ten Reasons You Should You Eat Eggs Every Day

Improve Diabetes Management

A new study found that eggs don’t have a bad effect on cholesterol levels in type 2 diabetics. The researchers also linked eating an egg-rich diet for three months to better appetite control. Managing increased hunger and weight issues is vital to achieving optimal blood sugar levels. The findings showed that eating two eggs per day, six days a week can be a safe part of a healthy diet for people with Type 2 diabetes. Other research found that eating eggs as part of a low-carb diet leads to improvements in heart disease risk factors for diabetics. Along with a healthy diet and exercise, Actos helps control blood sugar levels in Type 2 diabetics.

Enhance Eye Health

Several nutrients help counteract degenerative processes that can worsen your vision as you age. The most common cause of blindness is vitamin A deficiency, but eating eggs can raise your intake. Egg yolks contain large amounts of lutein and zeaxanthin, powerful antioxidants that tend to build up in your retinas. Studies show that consuming adequate amounts of these nutrients can reduce your risks of cataracts and macular degeneration significantly. In one controlled trial, eating just 1.3 egg yolks per day for 4.5 weeks increased blood levels of lutein by 28-50 percent and zeaxanthin by 114-142 percent.

Do you know of any other amazing health benefits of eggs? If you do why not tell us about them in the comments below! 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *